Each year, the Metropolitan Museum of Art puts on an annualCostume Institute exhibitRei KawakuboComme des Garçons tribute to Rei Kawakubo, the legendary designer behind Commes Des Garçons. Kawakubo is known for her risk-taking, out-of-the-box aesthetic, and attendees channeled that with a stream of crazed beauty looks and extreme gowns/dresses. Here are my top pics!
- intricately embroidered gold Chanel gown with feathered skirt
- Chanel fine jewelry
- Makeup by Rachel Goodwin
- Nails by Ashlie Johnson
- Styling by Samantha McMillen
Larson’s hairstylist Mara Roszak misted her hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Strand Smoother Serum-Spray for the intense shine.
- a white-and-silver lace Louis Vuitton gown with gold panels on the bodice
- traditional Chanel sheath
- makeup artist Hung Vanngo — one of the most eye-catching makeup looks of the evening: An electrifying, hot pink smoky eye created by makeup artist Hugo Vanngo. “The twist was the bright pink Marc Jacobs Beauty eyeliner I came across while sorting through colors”
- Tiffany & Co.
- cream Coach gown
- with Marc Jacobs Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in (pop)ular 49. He then brushed soft pink shades from the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No. 7 Plush Eyeshadow Palette on her lids, and coated her lashes with Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara from the line.
- a silver-and-black patchwork gown by Michael Kors Collection, plus head-to-toe accessories by the designer
- Nails from OPI products, from the Gwen Stefani Collection; Manicure by Luxuriana Ilbar
- Ring by Tiffany & Co.
- Hair by Takisha
- Makeup by Carola Gonzalez
- Styling by Erin Walsh
- ivory watercolor Alexander McQueen gown with patchwork print
- custom blue-and-black Mugler with one structural shoulder and high slit
- Tiffany & Co. dangling earrings
- Christian Louboutin heels
- Makeup by Molly Stern
- Hair by Adir Abergel
- Styling by Petra Flannery
- a periwinkle Old West-inspired custom Erdem gown with a bustle, ruffles and high neck
- full-skirted, parrot-motif off-the-shoulder Dolce & Gabbana gown
- Forevermark jewelry
- CoverGirl — Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick in Tan-Gel-O
- deep teal off-the-shoulder Zac Posen
- jacquard tux and smoking slippers by Ralph Lauren Purple Label