Fashion Week endures on as it’s now time for FWB’s bi-annual series of designer presentations for S/S 2015! Spanning 4 days, with over 20 designers presenting collections, this is going to be a for-sure “Can’t Miss” multi-day event.
Fashion is forever-changing and constantly evolving. As the fashion world changes, FWB continues to showcase cutting edge, emerging designers and trends. The Spring/Summer collection series of shows, aptly titled, ‘Designs of the Times’, begins October 2- 5, 2014 at Industry City (located at 241 37th Street). Presentations will feature the collections of designers based in the USA, St. Vincent, Africa, Norway, Spain, France, and the Philippines.
This post serves as the first of 2 intro posts for FWB. So Part 1 is all about Day 1 & Day 2, Oct. 2nd & 3rd. Day 1 encompasses eco-friendly kids clothing, innovative designs, & RTW! Here is the schedule and breakdown for Oct. 2nd, and some designer and entertainment info –
- Band/Entertainment – Crystal King with Black & Tan
- 6:30 – Red Carpet & Opening Night Cocktails
- 7:30 – Runway time!
- Cocktail reception to follow until 11 pm.
Designers presenting —
- Eco-conscious pet products that are made of purposed materials for fashion & function. Made in the USA.
- Womenswear, USA — Career & Technical Education High School
Bridgett Artise with Born again Vintage — Sustainable fashion for women & menswear, USA
- Childrenswear, featuring their Fit For Fashion collection of street style revamped from old clothes. (USA)
Brooklyn Fashionistas Camp — “Spoke the Hub”
- City Kid Camp, USA, Childrenswear — young designers with age ranges from age 5 to 13 years old and received mentoring from celebrity fashion designer/stylist Ron Bass and celebrity DJ Olivia Dope
High School of Fashion Industries — Womenswear (USA)
- FREE after-school opportunity for teens to explore the arts in NYC.
- Womenswear, Norwegian designer
- clear vision of slow fashion, with focus on high quality tailoring and an ecological and ethical message.
- Womenswear, USA
- produces mostly one-of-a-kind, custom and short run clothes for women
Repurposed/Reused — Women & menswear, USA
- Womenswear, USA, aka “Tom”
- This collection consists of original, hand-made & one-of-a-kind pieces
Next up, let’s take a look at Day 2, Oct. 3rd, Celebrating a Night of Fashion & Dramatic Scents —
- Hosted by Chef Roblé, celebrity guest host known for creating recipes is now also mixing perfume notes and will introduce his new fragrance, Clique by Roblé:
- The First Fragrance Recipe by Chef Roblé combines several of Roblé’s signature creations. Invigorating blood-orange, citrus cocktail notes on top. Alluring Dessert notes including vanilla, chocolate and hints of honey, for a lasting sensual gourmand finish. cliquebyroble.com Not Edible | Only Wearable | Just Delectable
- Band – California King
- 6:30 – Red Carpet
- 7:30 – Runway shows
- Meet & greet with Chef Roblé to follow, and guests will receive a complimentary Scented Nail Lacquer. The CLIQUE polish rounds out the Clique by Roblé collection. It smells like a typical nail polish upon application and smells delicious when dry. The signature fragrance lasts up to 96 hours!
- Fundraiser reception to follow until 11 pm.
Designers to present —
- My vision is to break down the walls of the ordinary and create clothing that excites, entices and makes women feel alive
Showcase of African designers w/ Cape Town Fashion Council — Women & menswear
Fashion Week Brooklyn is presented by the non-profit, BK Style Foundation. It is a full production event geared to market and promote emerging and established designers from around the world. FWB features men’s, women’s, children’s, eco-friendly, pet couture, accessory, RTW, bridal and couture collections.
To purchase tickets and to see the entire show schedule please visit www.fashionweekbrooklyn.com But here is a brief schedule summary –
- Thursday, October 2- Runway show begins at 7:30pm
- Friday, October 3- Runway show begins at 7:30pm (Meet and greet directly after)
- Saturday, October 4- Runway show begins at 7pm
- Sunday, October 5- Runway show begins at 4pm (Closing party directly after)
Additional event sponsors & information –
- Luevo — an online platform that creates a direct channel between American and Canadian designers and shoppers announced a new partnership with FWB enabling guests the opportunity to reserve and shop new looks straight off the runway!
- GoGo Squeez
- Brooklyn Winery – locally crafted wine, eats, and private events
- Alchemy Creamery
- Creative Engineering
- Splash PR Agency
- Brooklyn Style, aka bk Style
- Green Living – build a better planet
- City Point
- Orange Peel SL
- Beautiful Stranger –– a vibrant community of lifestyle trendsetters sharing their personal style and insider secrets. Beautiful Stranger will provide visual content featuring fashion tastemakers and trendsetters attending the four-day FWB event and on the streets of Brooklyn. All in all, partnering with FWB to further engage its audience this season!
The amazing locale for FWB is once again, Industry City! Industry City is a 6-million square foot collection of historic warehouse structures situated on the waterfront in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The complex’s owners – Belvedere Capital, Jamestown and Angelo Gordon, along with Cammeby’s International and FBE Limited – are actively updating the complex, its amenities and its systems while cultivating a diverse tenant mix that fuses today’s burgeoning innovation economy with traditional manufacturing and artisanal craft. This work is paving the way toward a vibrant and diverse community of forward-thinking companies that support good-paying jobs for workers across skill and experience levels. For more information, visit industrycity.com.