Noon by Noor’s Spring 2014 collection certainly embodies the notion of something for everyone and really, something for any place. I ran out of clever “B” alliteration and didn’t want my title to drag on and on, but really there are plenty of types of places that the pieces in this collection could be worn. And no, they don’t all start with “B’s”!! The design team behind this fashion brand are Shaikaha Noor and Shaikha Haya. This is their 3rd time showing at MBFW and the ladies designed a fantastic collection. Outside of a variety of places to don many of these pieces, the collection also speaks to a vast array of women who could also enjoy these pieces.
The inspiration for Spring 2014 was The Tree of Life, which is a 400 year old natural wonder in the ladies’ home country, Bahrain. It’s a natural wonder because there is such mystery behind the tree’s survival since its location is a barren desert with no known source of water. The ladies selected this Tree as their inspiration because of the ability for one to look at the natural beauty in the world, “thus incorporating floral and leaf prints into this collection, translating elegant, beautiful pieces enhanced with lace panels, floral appliques and ornate embellishments.” Noon by Noor wants their clients to feel feminine, elegant and confident. Some obvious trends would be the bold prints to the great use of colors such as green, orange, lilac and blush. But the trend is not just in the pattern or color, but rather being experimental while mixing the various prints and colors, thus demonstrating a woman’s ability to dress confidently.
These are some of the pieces that caught my attention the most!
- Makeup-MAC, Neil Young & The MAC Pro team
- Hair-Laurent Dufourg for Prive
- Nails-MAC by Keri Blair
- New York Fashion Week: Noon by Noor Spring 2014 Simply Beautiful (therecessionista.com)
- NYFW: Noon By Noor SS2014 RTW (thesidetalk.wordpress.com)
- NYFW: Solange Knowles Attend The Noon By Noor Spring 2014 Show (yodonbleekraps.com)
- Noon By Noor: Spring/Summer 2014 Review (theemergingdesigner.com)
- Solange on the Fashion Week Circus at Noon by Noor (marieclaire.com)
- New York Fashion Week Recap (brikmoda.wordpress.com)
- NYFW Day Two /Noon by Noor. (evelenmargaret.com)