Christian Siriano‘s show, I assumed was spectacular, but was not one in which I was able to attend. I am still a big fan of his work though so I am glad to offer my perspective on the images and press releases from the Siriano team.
Christian Siriano’s spring 2014 collection is inspired by a recent trip of his to Isla Mujeres, “Island of Women.” While being authentic to the Mexican culture, it is still very modern and appealing to a woman, no matter if she is in America, Europe or wherever. Siriano wishes for his collection to celebrate both a woman’s youthfulness and her feminine form. As you can see below, he was joined by celebs during his runway presentation, such as Selma Blair.
The inspiration goes right to the heart of Siriano’s collection, from the colors to the prints to the silhouettes. All of this evolved from the architecture and landscapes he witnessed, from the tropical colors of homes and buildings to intricate crafts and handmade textiles to the bright blue waters of the Caribbean coast. There is of course more that lent to the foundation for silhouettes such as picturesque color-blocked streets, stonework and even the grass fused with the backdrop of the palm huts.
As stunning as the colors and silhouettes are, so to were the prints used. Creative sparks flew from the ever-present dahlia, which lead to the recreation of a repeating floral pattern. There are other vibrant prints with raffia textiles and soft elegant organzas. “This collection, like the stimuli of the island, is dramatic and powerful in the lightest way possible.”
This is a great collection, really, I am just posting a lot of pictures throughout so they will not all have the descriptions, but there is just so much to showcase, so many different color or print stories that represent this collection. There will also be a print or color I love and then there are so many silhouettes that it works with so really, I hope you all enjoy this collection as much as I do!
- Hair-Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional
- Make-up: Polly Osmond, Hourglass Cosmetics
- Shoes: Payless
- Nails-Red Carpet Manicure
Here are a few other of my fave pieces from the collection! Just so this post is not so long, not all pictures will have descriptions, but there are just so many great looks!
- NYFW: Christian Siriano Spring 2014 (herybka.wordpress.com)
- Fresh SS14 Looks Christian Siriano @csiriano (heydoyou.com)
- Christian Siriano heads to the islands (nypost.com)
- New York Fashion Week: Christian Siriano (metro.co.uk)
- What Inspired Christian Siriano’s Spring 2014 Show: The Designer Tells All (stylecaster.com)
- Christian Siriano Spring 2014: A Journey to the Island of Women (fashionista.com)
- Spring 2014 NYFW Round Up (lifeintheluxelane.wordpress.com)
- Christian Siriano’s Spring 2014 Collection: Perfect for Lily Collins (hollywoodlife.com)
- First Look: Christian Siriano’s Spring 2014 Collection–See His Sketches Before NYFW (eonline.com)
- Designer Christian Siriano Building out the Biz (abcnews.go.com)