It was so great blogging about this most recent season of PR that I couldn’t resist also blogging about the all-stars season. I wrote an intro piece as well for the past regular season, picking early frontrunners and all; I was 1 for 3 :(. This time, I think I will just stick to my personal rank of fave to least fave, current bios and some recent design images. Let’s get started!
Irina Shabayeva Season 6 Winner
Melissa Fleis Season 10 finalist
Melissa grew so much during her last stint on PR. I can’t wait to see what she brings this time around! She’s created a few collections since her time on PR. Also, she’s had a fair share of press from several publications such as Coterie & Refinery 29.
Christopher Palu Season 10 Finalist
Chris was amazing the 1st time around on PR so I’m sure we are in for some great designs this time too!
Seth Aaron Henderson Season 7 Winner
Seth Aaron has definitely kept busy since his big win on PR, lots of press and several fashion week collections. I even see some expansion into menswear, as well as Seth Aaron touch for womenswear.
Viktor Luna Season 9 Finalist
Viktor took his moving works of art while on PR and has created some wonderful pieces since then. I see that Carly Rae Jespen and Keri Hilson have worn his pieces, so congrats to Viktor!
Jeffrey Sebelia Season 3 Winner
Well Jeffrey already impressed me so much on PR, way back when, but wait, he is designing for kids now!! How Cute!
Mychael Knight Season 4 Finalist
Read all about Mychael here! Lots of work to report, celebs such as Jennifer Hudson and 112 have donned his looks. I just remember Mychael being on PR and all of his looks were always so cool and sexy. So I can’t wait to see where his design work is at now!
Ari South Season 8 Finalist
Yes, you see this right! It’s one thing to report how a designer has grown with their work, but Ari clearly changed and grew in other ways too! I can’t wait to see how Ari works this time around!
Daniel Esquivel Season 11
Korto Momolu Season 5
The host this season is Alyssa Milano who will I guess also be judging or at least on that panel. Zanna Roberts Rassi will be the mentor or the Tim Gunn of PR. Each week, the two remaining judges, Isaac Mizrahi & Georgina Chapman, will be joined by a guest judge.
Also this season, just as with the current PR season, there is another big prize package, worth almost $1 million!!
- a fashion spread in Marie Claire and a position at the magazine as Contributing Editor for one year
- Next Generation technology and office space from HP and Intel to help grow their business and bring their creative vision to life
- a year’s supply of resource® Natural Spring Water and an all-expenses paid, luxurious trip for two to South East Asia courtesy of resource® Water
- professional hair styling and photography for all of the designer’s upcoming fashion shows throughout the year, courtesy of Alterna Haircare-Wow, this is pretty awesome!!
- from Mary Kay, an entire year’s worth of beauty products for their fashion shows as well as professional makeup artist services for their debut show-Another wow prize!
- a cash prize of $150,000
- complete custom sewing studio to launch the winning line from Brother Sewing and Embroidery
- Irina Shabayeva S/S 14 (thepursuitoffab.wordpress.com)
- Project Runway All Stars Blog: 10 Lessons Zanna Roberts Rassi Learned as the New Mentor in the Season 3 Premiere (Forevervogue.com)
- ‘Project Runway All-Stars’ Premiere Preview: The Best Designers Are Back (hollywoodlife.com)
- Project Runway All Stars Blog: 10 Lessons Zanna Roberts Rassi Learned as the New Mentor in the Season 3 Premiere (eonline.com)
- Handicapping Project Runway All Stars 3 (charlietoft.com)
- 5 New Twists on Season Three of ‘Project Runway: All Stars’ (nyupopculture.wordpress.com)
- Vancouver’s Seth Aaron Henderson returns for ‘Project Runway All Stars’ (oregonlive.com)
- OK! First Look: Watch The Trailer For The New Season of Project Runway All Stars, Hosted by Alyssa Milano! (okmagazine.com)