Fashion Week Brooklyn is now a time of the year I very much look forward to since I get to see old friends and familiar faces. One such example, seeing the highly talented designer and Fashion Nexus friend, Joyce Pilarsky! I met her last year and was instantly mesmerized by her couture, intricately crafted pieces. I wrote up a fun piece and I’ve enjoyed keeping in touch with this talented, lovely lady! So to keep my readers updated with her most current looks, here are the details for Pilarsky’s S/S 2015 presentation. Her underlying inspiration was a throwback to the 60s, very much keeping in line with FWB’s overall theme this season, “Design of the Times”.
Joyce’s S/S inspiration was the 60s, going back to mod silhouettes, specifically A-line dresses. But there certainly were modern touches and details, as well as Pilarksy signatures, embroidery, florals, feminine, and couture quality. This collection is also quite fitting for the Pilarsky woman — special, unique, confident, happy, exuding in a outgoing personality; she wants her client to look fabulous and gorgeous. These pieces will do just that!
Intricate detailed florals, whether embroidered or beaded, are true Pilarksy design signatures. So it worked perfectly that flowers were a main theme with this collection. I very much enjoyed seeing her delicate work with florals translated into this collection. And it works perfectly with the 60s vibe & inspiration. She has always been inspired by the grandeur of nature, who’s beauty is a feast to the eyes of the beholder.
Couture, very unique, luxe dresses are Pilarsky staples. But it was great seeing growth and development as Joyce included some different styles and silhouettes this go-round. There were a lot of separates. She has certainly made her fair share of divine scarves, but the jackets, IMPRESSIVE!
Keeping in line with something new to catch the eye, there was also a few pieces of menswear! The bright colors, detailed florals, and other PIlarsky signatures were conveyed quite nicely with the various menswear separates looks.
This is a very playful collection. Pilarsky wanted to bring back the olden days where color ruled and was not shied away from. And boy, there are some great colors seen in this collection – shimmery hot pink, bold teal, soft rose pink, stunning sunshine yellow, electric lime green, and more!
Additional details I saw that caught my were scalloped hems and lace-work. I am a huge fan of lace detailing. And I loved seeing Pilarksy’s use of this on-trend style. The references to the 60s were still present, but with up-to-date incorporated trends, the overall look being still quite modern. Sexy, sophisticated looks do not get much better than this!
This was also a very stylized collection. No detail goes unnoticed. The looks were well thought out, styled, from head to toe. Keeping in line with the great use of color, each dress piece was styled with bright colored tights, bold pink, bright yellow, or subtle lavender, just to name a few. Joyce not only designs detailed apparel, but also creates her own intricate jewelry. So many of the looks were further accessorized with her own varied jewelry creations – earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. I adore her jewelry pieces and so here are a couple of faves of my own personal collection, courtesy of the amazingly talented Joyce Pilarsky!
Joyce Peñas Pilarsky is a fashion designer, model, beauty queen, Classic Mrs. Asia International Global 2014, MWI International Ambassador 2013, Philippine’s Best Dressed and Style Icon 2013, book author, singer, painter and philanthropist. She is a veteran, designing dresses, gowns, and fashion accessories for over a decade. Fashion design is a passion for Joyce and she enjoys creating unique collections, as seen here.
And just as with previous showings, she represented the Philippines with beautiful bright colors and perfectly woven garments to a unanimous applause. Rave reviews have come in and I’m sure they will not halt anytime soon!
With each unique Pilarsky piece, there is just always so much that catches the eye. You can’t blink or you will overlook a stunning detail, whether it’s from her play with sheer floral embellishments, or the embroidered or beaded bright floral design-work.
As always, I can’t wait to see more from this visionary in the future!
Huge thanks to Vonecia Carswell for collaborating with Fashion Nexus on this post thru the sharing of some gorgeous images for these runway presentations. Vonecia is a multimedia journalist and photographer, from Florida, who has a passion for human interest stories. Over the past year Vonecia has also photographed Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week, Jersey City Fashion Week, Small Boutique Fashion Week and Africa Fashion Week. Definitely check out this talented lady’s site above to learn more about her work!
Additional Event Details for Fashion Week Brooklyn
- Executive Director – Abby Wallach
- Creative Director/Producer – Rick Davy
- Operations Director – Gregory Hutchinson
- Media Director – Colleen Gwen Armstrong
- Legal – Golding & Associates
- Key Style Team – Erica Bradford & Christina Edwards
- Models Casting Director – Jerry Jordan & John Thao
- Beauty Team Coordinator – Tiffany Coates
- Key Make-up – Kennetta Vaughn
- Key Hair – Aisha Robley
- House DJ – DJ Flyy Girl
- Model Agency – BK Rebels
And just to also share, here is my own personal, unique, couture creation by Joyce!
Additional event sponsors & information –
- Scent the Runway – creating luxurious scents for runways around the world, now you can expierience right at home
- Klust Creative – Branding & Identity, Website Development, Internet Marketing & more.
- Davelly Model Management – We are Fashion. We are Couture.
- Hybrid Branding
- Clique by Roble – The 1st fragrance recipe by Chef Roble Ali
- Luevo — an online platform that creates a direct channel between American and Canadian designers and shoppers announced a new partnership with FWB enabling guests the opportunity to reserve and shop new looks straight off the runway!
- GoGo Squeez
- Brooklyn Winery – locally crafted wine, eats, and private events
- Alchemy Creamery
- Creative Engineering — Set Director for FWB
- Splash PR Agency
- Brooklyn Style, aka bk Style — Fashion Director for FWB
- Green Living – build a better planet
- City Point
- Orange Peel SL
- Beautiful Stranger –– a vibrant community of lifestyle trendsetters sharing their personal style and insider secrets. Beautiful Stranger will provide visual content featuring fashion tastemakers and trendsetters attending the four-day FWB event and on the streets of Brooklyn. All in all, partnering with FWB to further engage its audience this season!
- Fashion GPS
- EM Design — Graphic Artist/Designer, Eric Lucas of EM Design
- Akaria Apparel
- Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation
- Avitto Shoes NY
- Bespoke Atelier
- Solis Magazine
- New York Events – daily source for NY events
- ae 56
- TimeOut New York
- Brooklyn Brewery
- Dream Team Media Group
- Industry City
- Li-Lac Chocolates, since 1923
- NYC 2nd Chance Rescue – established 2009
- CrossFire Sound Productions — Sound director for FWB
- Levy Lighting NYC — Lighting director for FWB
- Brooklyn Tourism
- zico – pure premium coconut water