So many stunning dresses to choose from! I was vastly impressed by this red carpet lineup for the 2016 Golden Globes. Check out my Best Dressed contenders below!!
Amber looks flawless in this rose hue Gucci gown with a floral neckline. Her other radiant look details include —
- makeup artist Melanie Inglessis using Kevyn Aucoin, The Creamy Glow in Pravella just on the apples of the cheeks
Instantly eye-catching is Jaimie in this deep emerald green Genny gown. Her other look details color-coordinated nicely —
- Lorraine Schwartz jewelry
- Makeup artist Jeffrey Paul also tight-lined her eyes for extra impact using a special brush for that purpose: the IT Cosmetics Tightliner Dual-Ended Brush. But also made use of a few other cosmetic brands to complete her beauty look — Hourglass cosmetics, Kat von D, Marc Jacobs beauty, Laura Mercier & Nars
- Hair by Andrew Fitzsimons
J. Law was red hot in this Dior number, complete with side cutouts. Other look details were inclusive of —
- a Chopard choker
- clean, fresh makeup (by Jillian Dempsey) and
- a side-parted updo (by Jenny Cho)
Amy was too in the crimson wavelength, her choice though, a striking Atelier Versace fitted gown. Other look details included —
- Neil Lane jewelry
- Hairstylist Laini Reeves made sure her waves would last by prepping her locks with Pai-Shau’s Royal Abundance Mousse.
Felicity was full on glam & elegance in this shimmering marsala Lorena Sarbu dress. She paired with her look, stunning Martin Katz diamons.
Sarah looked ethereal in this mesmerizing Marchesa gown. The details on this dress were so beautiful! And to add just a tad more sparkle, Chopard diamonds.
Jane was evoking such strength and confidence in this full on metallic look by Theia.
There is just something about this gown that I can’t take my eyes off of — the color scheme, the fabric — it’s just all so captivating. Carly is donning a Juan Carlos Obando look. And her other look details are —
Jenna Dewan Tatum
Jenna looks amazing in fully embellished, midnight blue Zuhair Murad gown. Her other coordinating details included —
- Lorraine Schwartz jewelry
- makeup artist Patrick Ta working for Burt’s Bees
- Hairstylist Jen Atkin
- Brad Goreski — styling
Rooney went with a softer side of Alexander McQueen and I love it! To top off this fabulous look —
- Fred Leighton jewelry
- The hairstyle Adir Abergel gave Rooney Mara made us back into braids all over again,
- and oh those dramatic lashes and brows (credit goes to makeup artist Kate Lee).
Olivia went with last year’s hue for Pantone Color of the Year, a shimmering Michael Kors Marsala. Complimenting her look —
- Bulgari accessories
- To get the Revlon ambassador’s look (makeup artist Jo Baker ), use the ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Decadent.
- And we have to give a shout-out to stylist Mara Roszak for nailing the half-wavy blowout we all want now.
Ana de la Reguera
I am not sure who Ana is, but this is A+ red carpet styling. She is wearing a deep purple, fully embellished, Carolina Herrera gown. Additional look details —
- Jonathan Lule for hair & makeup
- Styling by Aldo Rendon
- Daniela Villegas Jewelry
Every red carpet needs a princess feel, a bit of fantasy, and that is what I get from Barbara’s Cinderella blue Georges Hobeika ballgown. It’s extremely magical and I’m sure she felt like a princess all night!
Heidi went fringe-tastic in this metallic Marchesa look. Other look details were as follows —
- Lorraine Schwartz jewels
- matching Stuart Weitzman heels
- Makeup by Linda Hay
- Hair by Danilo
- Nails by Tom Bachik
Kate was ab-tastic and super sexy in this shimmery molten, 2-piece, Michael Kors look. To add additional sparkle to her look —
- Forevermark jewelry;
- matching Jimmy Choo clutch
- makeup artist, Melanie Inglesias,
- and her hairstylist, David Babaii
Eva too rocked a molten, golden look, but her choice was a little more on the lacy side, a gorgeous Elie Saab Haute Couture creation — high neck embroidered tulle and lace gown with an open back and gold chain detail paired with a matching belt. Her makeup artist for the evening was the official and talented Charlotte Tilbury.
Kate was sparkling from head to toe in this faded crimson Dolce & Gabbana gown — very rich & luxurious! Her other look details included —
- makeup artist Pati Dubroff thought of “fireworks, disco balls and icy landscapes”, so she gave her metallic, icy-white eyes offset by soft-pink cheeks and lips. Two colors were used: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Coquette as a base, with Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Colourbalm in Raspberry Ripple on top.
- Hair by Bridget Brager
- Skincare regime by Touch of Faith Aesthetics by Faith Tatro
Sophia went with a black dress, but it was simplistic minimalism at it’s best — a stunning Narcisco Rodriguez gown. And to complete her look —
- Martin Katz necklace;
- Rauwolf clutch
- Nars lip color
Lily was another ethereal look for the evening, her choice, a multi & lightly hued Marchesa gown — soft mint, dusty blue, and light purple Grecian hand-draped tulle gown with over-the-shoulder cape detail. Her other radiant look details included —
- Harry Winston jewelry
- Hairstylist Ashley Streicher and her sister makeup artist Jenn Streicher — use of St. Tropez Tan; Charlotte Tilbury makeup; Show hairspray
Not sure of Helen’s designer look details, but I do know she wore a few lovely pieces of Harry Winston jewelry!
- Ofira jewels
- Giuseppe Zanotti clutch
- hair by Dimitris Giannetos
- Styling: Denise Borrego
Laverne was dressed all in white, and she looked fantabulous! She is wearing Elizabeth Kennedy. Her other look details are as follows —
- Lorraine Schwartz jewelry;
- Caption Polish mani
- Nathalie Trad clutch
- Styled by Christina Pacelli
- hair by Ursula Stephens
- makeup by Deja Davenport
Bryce Dallas Howard
Amazed that Bryce actually picked up her beautiful navy blue Jenny Packham gown at Neiman Marcus. With shopping skills like this, who needs the one on one designer bookings! Other look details —
- stick-straight, low-maintenance cut by Jenny Cho for Suave
- coordinating Kotur clutch
- Irene Neuwirth jewels
Terrence Howard & Mira Pak
Not sure of all the designer details for this stunning duo, but Terrence is rockin’ some Louis Leeman shoes!
Michael B. Jordan
Pingback: 2016 Oscars — Best Dressed | Fashion Nexus