Francesca Liberatore’s F/W 2015 presentation was mixed media magic. She presented at MBFW, Lincoln Center, the Salon.
The collection was inspired by superheroes. And this was quite apparent from the fighting trojan to the samurai to the shield-like accessories.
There was a lot of base black, but for vibrant pops of color there was bright red, royal blue, metallic silver, and sunshine yellow.
I appreciated the great use of various types of fabric, from fur to leather to silk. The pieces looked well made, and incorporated intricate, eye-catching details.
Celebs & special guests in attendance — DJ Helena & Nervo Music
Show credits —
- PR, Production, & Show Direction — People’s Revolution
- Stylist — Joanne Blades
- Casting — Cast Inc., Julia Samersova
- Music — Ermal Meta
- Makeup — Fatima Thomas for MAC
“There’s no mascara because we want a kind of toughness.”
Fatima Thomas, Senior Artist for MAC, led the team to create the only look we witnessed this season without mascara (!!). Thomas told us that in terms of products and colors, the look was relatively minimalist – really only using colors for shaping and contouring purposes (enter: MAC Creme Colour Base, used to match and accentuate models’ natural skin tones), particularly around the eyes, which Thomas described as resulting in an “aerodynamic” feel. Not only did lashes go without mascara, but they were left untouched – aka no curling. Thomas emphasized that they didn’t want the lashes to make any noise – the look was all about the strength and shape of the eye.
- Hair — Jorge Luis for Cutler, Redken products — superhero braids they created that swept across the crown and draped down at the back. The look was at once collected and powerful but still flirty, with the braids adding an element of femininity.
- Nails — Patricia Yankee — The team started by applying Pattie’s Support Base Coat, followed by creating a rounded, silver edged French manicure with Patricia Yankee Nail Lacquer Polish in Divinity. Pattie dished to us that in the theme of superheros, she decided to hole punch small stars out of Dashing Diva Color Effects Appliques. Stars were placed in the middle of the index fingernail and varied in color from blue or red depending on the model. The look was finished off with Patricia Yankee’s “Protect” Top Coat.
- Shoes — Repetto & Yin
- Additional thanks — sagafurs & puntoseta